If you’ve been involved in a car accident, hiring a Delray Beach car accident lawyer can be highly beneficial. Your attorney can assist you with a wide range of processes related to recovering compensation from the at-fault driver and moving forward from your injuries. They can help streamline your insurance claim or lawsuit and provide qualified advice and guidance throughout your case.
At Chad Nolan Horowitz, P.A., we provide top-tier legal services to car accident victims throughout Delray Beach, FL. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation. You don’t pay unless we win.
Who Is At Fault in a Florida Car Accident?
Before you can seek compensation for a car accident, you must determine that another person or party was responsible for the accident. Depending on the accident’s circumstances, determining and proving fault can be tricky.
The police should create a report at the scene of the accident detailing the circumstances leading to the accident and who they believe is responsible. Other evidence, such as photos of the accident, camera footage from other cars or nearby buildings, and witness testimonies, can also help insurance companies determine fault.
Florida is a pure comparative negligence state. This means that accident victims can collect damages proportional to their percentage of fault for the accident.
If the insurance company or police report finds you 30% responsible for the accident, you may only seek 70% of the value of your damages. Meanwhile, the other driver could sue you for 30% of the damages you receive.
Working with a qualified Delray Beach car accident lawyer can help you prove that you were not even partially at fault for an accident.
Seeking Compensation After a Car Accident
If you were not at fault for a car accident in Florida, you can seek compensation in a few different ways. Several factors, such as your case’s value, the amount of time that has passed since the accident, and your percentage of negligence for the accident, impact how you can seek compensation and the amount you can expect to receive.
An insurance claim is the primary way to seek compensation in car accident cases. In Florida, drivers must obtain at least $10,000 in personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. This insurance covers the damage to other drivers you cause in an accident.
If the at-fault driver has sufficient PIP coverage to pay for your accident expenses, you may get by without filing a lawsuit. However, in some cases, insurance companies fail to offer adequate compensation to cover the total accident costs. Alternatively, the at-fault driver may not have sufficient insurance coverage.
In these cases, legal action against the at-fault driver or their insurance company may be necessary. Your injury attorney can help you understand your compensation options and guide you through recovering funds.
Why Hire Our Attorney Team?
Working with the right attorney team is important in recovering the necessary funds for your accident case. At The Law Offices of Chad Nolan Horowitz, P.A., we have the experience, knowledge, and skills to represent you well.
Here are a few reasons you can trust our Florida car accident lawyer to assist your case:
Knowledge of Florida Laws
Every state has slightly different laws and regulations surrounding car accidents. When seeking compensation for an accident case, having in-depth knowledge of these laws can be incredibly valuable.
Our law team has spent years studying Florida laws for personal injury claims and lawsuits. You can feel confident that we are well-informed about every legal element that could impact your case.
Dedicated Insurance Claim Assistance
Our law team puts our legal skills and experience to work to help clients file claims strategically and effectively.
We will ensure that you file your claim according to Florida’s laws and regulations and use the most effective language to assist your case. We’ll also help you stick to Florida’s statute of limitations and other guidelines that could impact your case.
Insurance Negotiation Experience
Finally, we have extensive experience negotiating with insurance companies for higher payouts. We know how to value a claim accurately and seek adequate funds to cover all costs involved.
Contact The Law Offices of Chad Nolan Horowitz, P.A., today to schedule your free consultation with a Delray Beach car accident lawyer. No Fees Unless You Win.